A lot of people own printers at home. This is because they are the most reliable way of printing different types of documents, be it a hard copy or a PDF file from the internet. However, most of the time, the printers are offline. This could be due to a number of reasons and might be happening due to a technical reason or a fault with the printer. You should, therefore, learn how to fix the problem and get your printer online when it is showing offline.
When attempting to print from any device, error messages could pop up stating that the printer is offline. This means your printer is not properly connecting to your network. In order to fix the problem, you simply need to get your printer online again.
Printing documents, photos, and web pages gets even more complicated if your printer is offline, to add insult to injury. Many computer users don’t know when or how to find their printers online. There are many cases when your printer may show offline, such as when it’s automatically turned off, or the printer is disconnected. And when you’re unable to get your printer online, it’s going to ding on your trust level. However, there are many methods you can try to get your printer online, and most of them are quite easy to do.
Here’s How to Get Your Printer Online When it is Showing Offline:
- Proceed to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen, choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers.
- The next screen should be a list of printers. Find your printer in the list and click it.
- If prompted, click “Remove this device” for the printer to be removed.
- Click “Add a device” and click “Add a local printer or network printer.”
- Enter the name of the printer.
- Click Next.
- Enter the IP address of the printer. This should typically be the IP of the printer itself.
- Enter the name of the computer on which you are installing the printer.
- Click Next.
- Click the printer manufacturer and then select your printer model.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Here’s Another Method:
- Bearing in mind that the printer is set on a wireless or LAN network.
- Restart the printer.
- Connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Update the driver.
- Update the firmware.
- Go to printer settings and reset.
- Go to maintenance, advanced settings, reset.
- Go to device settings, reset.
Getting your printer online can be quite a hassle. Fixing a printer is like a never-ending task. You try everything, but nothing seems to work. Now you have an offline printer, and you don’t know why. It could be that the printer is unplugged, the network cable is missing, or it could be software related. Whatever the problem, you can get your printer online and back on track.
The printer is one of the essential gadgets you must have in your home—especially if you run a home-based business. Having a good printer is a need in any kind of business. With the rise in technology, printers have become quite advanced. There are many types of printers in the market, each having different features. For better performance, you must choose the best printer. For some people, the printer will be offline, and one reason could be because of network-related problems or because of driver issues.
The printer is the one thing in your home that probably causes you the most stress. It’s often one that doesn’t work when you need it most. That’s why it’s important to get your printer online and fast. Once you have your printer online, you’ll be able to print from anywhere at any time, even when you are away from home.